Do you want to learn first aid basics, medical emergencies, injury emergencies, environmental emergencies and preventing illness and injury?
If so join me for an America Heart Association® Heartsaver® course on First Aid! Heartsaver® First Aid Course
Saturday June 15th, 2019
$20 registration fee Firestorm Gear 139 North Court St. Suite A Medina, OH 44256
Becky Jones, RN-BC, MSN, FABC, ONC
Nursing Professional Development Specialist
University Hospitals Seidman Cancer Center
11100 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44106 Becky.email@example.com First aid basics including:
- duties, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers
- scene safety
- phoning for help
- finding the problem (and more)
Medical emergencies including:
- assembling and using an inhaler
- choking in an adult, child, and infant
- diabetes and low blood sugar
- stroke (and more)
Injury emergencies including:
- actions for external bleeding
- broken bones and sprains
- burns (and more)
Environmental emergencies including:
- actions for bites and stings
- temperature-related and poison emergencies
- Optional Exam
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE COURSE?
Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course
completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also
be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
- First Aid Basics (duties, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers, key steps of first aid)
- Medical Emergencies (breathing, choking, allergic reaction, heart attack, stroke, and more)
- Injury Emergencies (external and internal bleeding, wounds, sprain, broken bones, burns, and more)
- Environmental Emergencies (bites and stings, cold- and heat-related emergencies, poisonings, and more)
- Preventing Illness and Injury
For more information, please click here for the class description.
Cancelations will incur a $5 fee, if the cancelation occurs within two weeks of the class.